Waterproof LED Ribbon - 16' Spool
The waterproof LED 16-foot ribbon roll is the perfect accessory for your marine vessel. The 16-foot strip can be cut with scissors and adjusted to fit the length that you need so that no vessel is too big or too small. The TritonLED LED ribbon roll comes in cool white, warm white, and blue is extremely flexible. The LED Waterproof 16' Ribbon Roll is a fantastic accent item for your yacht or boat and Apex Lighting is proud to be able to provide it to clients.
- Fully Waterproof for boat use
- 16’ Long, can be cut at every 2”
- Join up to three spools to make 48’ max run
- Comes with 3M backing tape for mounting
- 12V DC Voltage
- Draws 2 Amps per 16’ spool
- 1.40 Watts per foot
- Ribbon measures 0.43” x 0.12”
- 120 Degree Beam Angle
- Available in Warm White, Cool White or Blue
- If using with 120V circuit, you will need a LED Driver
What's in the Box:
- (1) 16’ Spool of Ribbon LED
Installing LED Ribbon Tape
Safety Information & Recommendations
- The strip itself and all its components should not be mechanically stressed.
- Assembly must not damage or destroy conducting paths on the circuit board.
- Parallel electrical connection is highly recommended as safe electrical operation mode.
- Serial connection is not recommended. Unbalanced voltage drop can cause hazardous overload and damage the pcb.
- If using a power supply or LED converter, be sure to size for the appropriate load.
Cove Lighting • Courtesy Lighting • Under Gunnels • Under Cabinets • Stairs • Closets/Lockers • Architectural & Landscape
Wiring Instructions & Installation
The Strip Tape section is pre-wired with POS & NEG wire leads. The grey wire is soldered to the negative side and the white wire is soldered to the positive side. Double check by looking for the “+” and “-”printed on the circuit board where the wires are soldered to the pads. Not observing polarity can damage the product.
1. Before making any connections, turn power completely off.
2. Before installing or making permanent connections, first test the product to make sure it is operating correctly.
3. Ensure the area of installation is free of dirt, dust, oil or silicone. Avoid cleaners that leave behind residue or wax. A solvent such as Acetone can be used but read the label carefully as it can damage some surfaces.
4. Measure off area and determine if your section of Strip Tape will need to be shortened. Using sharp scissors, you may cut on the marked lines which are located every 4” between solder pads. You must seal the cut end with an End Cap and silicone. End Caps are available as an accessory item from us.
5. Peel off the 3M tape from the backside of the Strip Tape. Place the Strip Tape on the contour and gently press down allowing the Strip Tape to firmly attach to the surface.
6. Make connection using approved connectors (avoid the use of wire nuts). Use shrink tubing in wet/damp areas.
7. Turn power back on to test.
Our low voltage (12VDC) Flexible LED Strip Tape is designed for use with hard-wire DC hook-ups. If stepping down voltage from a 120/230V source, a standard low voltage AC transformer will damage the product. You must use a voltage-regulated DC power supply or LED power converter for this purpose. Apex Lighting carries a full range of voltage regulated LED Converters and DC stabilizers/conditioners. See our website for more information. Our Led Strip Tape performs optimally with constant voltage at or near the specified voltage input. It is sensitive to over-voltage and transient spikes, therefore long term performance is directly dependent on the input voltage provided. For DC installation on boats, a power conditioner or voltage stabilizer is recommended for maximum life of the product.